Vanilla custard with pistachios is easy to make dessert and whole-time family favourite. Pistachios are our favourite nuts and it goes well with any type of dessert. This is a perfect recipe with simple ingredients to make if you are short on time.
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- Chopped pistachios to top
- Heat whipping cream and vanilla extract in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and ½ cup of sugar until well mixed. Pour in the hot whipping cream gradually, mixing continually.
- Place six (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins and bake at 325˚F / 165˚C for 45 - 50 minutes. The custard should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle. Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan, allow to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to three days. Serve and Bon Appétit!