Wonderful Bliss Balls are a superb choice for the afternoon pick-me-up with coffee or after dinner sweet treat. They are my new obsession. Have to have it in my fridge at all times. They are full of fibre, minerals and vitamins and these bite-size morsels are a good way of incorporating seeds and nuts into your diet. They’re dairy-free, refined sugar-free and also paleo friendly.
Bliss balls pack and travel well and because they taste amazing – natural sugars from dates will satisfy any sweet tooth – my son loves them too. Have them before your workout to help sustain your energy levels. Freeze them for longer storage and enjoy them straight from the freezer for a cool treat.
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Dried Dates
- ½ Cup Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup Pistachios
- 1 Tablespoons hemp hearts optional
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil - If you do not wish to use coconut oil, leave this out completely as it is quite a sticky mixture - or use a tbsp of honey or Maple Syrup if you prefer.
- Place the cranberries and dates in a small bowl and cover in boiling water for a 2-3 minutes to soften then drain off water
- Put the hazelnuts and pistachios in a food processor and pulse until they are blitzed into tiny bits
- Add the cranberries, dates, hemp hearts and coconut and blitz to form a paste
- Add the melted coconut oil slowly while pulsing the mixture until it comes together to form a sticky dough - I found 1 Tablespoon was plenty sticky enough!
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll them in coconut to coat the outside then place on a tray
- Freeze for 30 minutes then enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.